Monday, December 13, 2010

Ha! Take that! I did NOT forget a title! Oh wait... Poetry... sure that works.

Hello world! How has your day been? Mine's been awesome, but mostly for reasons I'm forbidden to speak of, haha... So, lessee... I am really not very creative when it comes to blog posts. You know what Saturday is? The first day of Winter Break! Oh yeah! What a wonderful thing to think of! Maybe I should post a poem since Zoe (I don't know what her nickname is/ if she has one) posted photography. But I don't know what to post....

The Shattered Glass
I've fallen into a cloud
And the silver lining stings
like a piece of ice pressed against my smiling cheek
And the pictures in the shattered glass
are of heart shaped hands
and smiles, unreturned
and eyes that look everywhere
but here
and of shining stars
and people just standing
there
and the shards of mirror
are scattered on the floor
and that perfect sheet of glass is
gone
And the color holding it together is
bright
It hurts
It stings
But like the burning water, it feels
so
good
And angels fly without wings
and fall into ink stained palms
and quiet tears
And I wish I could speak
but my tongue grew numb
a while ago
And I wish you would look
but I don't know what you'd see
Because my silver mask is only transparent
sometimes
And I wish you would listen
but I'm not saying a word
And I wish you would smile
but I'm just there
And I wish I wish I wish
but I don't do
I'm frozen
in my simple routine
I'm scared
of taking a chance
And I can only wish
That I wasn't
So the stars are my drug
And you'll still be there
And the shards of glass
could cut my bare feet
because I don't even like shoes
But if I moved them
If I pieced them back together
My world could be
lost
But if I leave them there
I'll be
stuck
So I don't know where to turn

Yeah.... Mostly I chose that 'cause I had it typed up. Sounds better when spoken anyway. That's why it's SPOKEN word. (Oh wait, that's a forbidden topic). I should really get better at posting on here because this is growing pathetic.  I mean, seriously? Poetry? Bleugh... I'm sorry for boring you with such mundane boredom. Someday I'll figure out blogging. :)
Until then (actually probably not, because I wouldn't be here 'til next year or something),
Tally

No comments:

Post a Comment